It is very easy for organizations and multinational firms to start a WooCommerce venture these days. You can just purchase the required domain, receive the hosting service and install the WooCommerce plugin in it, and voila. Your store is ready to get into the business.
But it is one thing to set things up, and quite another to thrive and prosper on it. eCommerce stores need to provide a great user experience to the clients and their visitors at regular intervals. This is the reason that features like WooCommerce page speed optimization and performance needs to be the top two things to focus on.
This article would be focused on increasing the speed of your WooCommerce store this year. The following section would list out some of the key points in this respect.
Important ways to speed up the WooCommerce Store
Let us take a look at some of the comprehensive ways in which your WooCommerce store would speed up,
1. Elevating the Memory Limit of WordPress
You have made all of the necessary configurations for your store, did your bit of tinkering, and now your store has gone live for the customers. The very first thing that you must include in your to-do list after this event would be to find the exact location for the root WordPress folder. The folder that you need to find would be the wp-config.php, wherein you should go to the end of the file that contains information regarding the total memory limit of WordPress.
The define (‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’,’’256M’); shows the total memory limit.
Two things that can be done in this respect, they are,
- Edit out the PHP.ini file
If users would be able to gain access to the php.ini file, then you must make some changes to the maximum memory limit that would be allowed for your store. If your line of code says that the limit is 64M, you would be able to increase it to 256M, meaning that the memory consumption would be 256 megabytes.
- Edit out the .htaccess file
If you are somehow not able to access the php.ini file, then you can gain access to the .htaccess file. You need to then paste this code php_value memory_limit 256M for increasing the memory consumption value.
2. Image Optimization for speeding WooCommerce
Visual Marketing is one of the appealing ways of marketing for the clients of today. It essentially adds value and also gives companies and marketing fraternity an edge over the others. It is also an important addition to the WooCommerce store. This provides WordPress Performance optimization by leaps and bounds.
- It is therefore important to use optimized images in the online store which again affects the performance in drastic aspects. This is the reason that image optimization is considered to be one of the best techniques in existence to increase the speed of your store.
- It is usually seen that heavy images take time to load up on the websites. This decreases the user experience for the store. Apart from slow loading speeds, it would also put additional load on your sites. This can also decrease the SERP rankings of your store by a huge amount.
- It is therefore important that uploading heavy images should be avoided and plugins like WP-Smush.it, EWWW Image Optimizer must be utilized for effective optimization of images. The quality of the images would remain the same and there would be no bursts in clarity when the image loads up on the store.
3. Using Cache Plugins
While caches seem a bit irritable to some, but they are very important in the case of WooCommerce online store. This is an instrumental factor in increasing the WordPress Speed Optimization service for users. It is also important for the users since they wouldn’t need to wait for the caches to load completely and then for the store to load up.
- Cache plugins would help to load the store pages faster and thereby taking far less time for incessant buffering.
- Instead of doing this, it would load up the cache versions almost instantly and are therefore given across to the visitors.
This is why the static pages do not take much time for rendering. The dynamic pages in turn also would take less time for displaying the required content for the site visitors. There are many plugins that are offered by WordPress. Some of the highly-rated plugins include, Breeze, W3, Total Cache, WP Rocket, WP Super Cache are a few of them. Each one has its unique set of advantages and you can choose it as per your requirements and needs.
4. Using CDN for increasing the speed
Content Delivery Network or Content Distribution Network is a set of proxy servers and its connected data centers that are distributed with respect to locations. The main goal for this would be to provide increased performance by elevating the range of services to all of the end users. With respect to the internet content, CDN has provided major contributions which include web objects like graphic images, text and scripts and other downloadable objects, and social media sites as well.
- CDN is very important with respect to WooCommerce stores and it is in use for quite some time now.
- CDN services would help your online store to increase load speeds by accessing cache content from all of the servers that are placed at strategic locations with respect to the Company.
- Some of the popular CDN options like Sucuri, MaxCDN, Cloudflare and other notable ones are available for use to the companies.
This is essential as it would increase the overall speed of the WooCommerce store by a high amount. It would also improve the loading time taken for the online store which will improve the user experience and optimize the WooCommerce sites as well.
5. Getting a better WordPress Hosting Provider Service
It is common knowledge that having a comparatively better WordPress Hosting Provider service is a preferable option to have. This would help in improving the WooCommerce store performance dramatically. Having a better hosting provider would also help out with increasing the store uptime and will also result in an uninterrupted connection.
- The reason companies are hiring WordPress Developers is because of the growing popularity of the services that eCommerce provides.
- It also makes these e-Commerce stores important with respect to a fast hosting service would be increased traffic, number of clicks and the deals that are provided on the stores.
It is important that your provider be able to handle such kind of traffic at any and all intervals. There are multiple WordPress Hosting Provider services available for use, and it would help the users immensely in choosing what is best for them.
Multi-national Companies and other organizations are now hiring Custome WordPress developers for gaining the advantages provided by the seemingly endless ocean of WooCommerce. The points mentioned above provide you with a piece of detailed information on what are the best ways available to increase the speed of your WooCommerce online stores by a sufficient amount.